Thursday, September 27, 2007

NREA Celebrating 100 Years: 1907-2007

My copy of the the official history of the National Rural Education Association arrived today and I have to say that Paula Hodges did a tremendous job of putting it together. Rather than a dull recitation of the history, Paula pulled together commentary, photographs and old publications to tell the story of the association

I've only skimmed through it but my first impression is the photographs themselves are worth the cost. Also of particular note are mentions of Bill Clinton and Howard Dean addressing the annual convention. I didn't see any mention of President George W. Bush speaking at the convention, but I may have missed it.

If you are a long time NREA member, you might want to buy a copy and have people sign it like a high school yearbook (Hobart Harmon's picture is on page 102). If you're a new member you'll want a copy so that you'll better understand the association.

Well done to everyone who contributed to National Rural Education Association: Celebrating 100 Years 1907-2007 !

No comments: